I am an aspiring, Calgary artist who creates abstract paintings using acrylics, structural mediums and various methods to move and manipulate paint. I am self-taught but have been greatly enhanced by local Calgary artists such as Tia Halliday, Samantha DaSilva and Dr. J. Eiserman.
My greatest inspiration is colour; I am fascinated by how certain colours and combinations of colours can evoke all sorts of emotions within people. Often I find my desire to try certain colours when I am surrounded by nature. Painting is my way of connecting with creation and satisfying my love for it while at the same time exploring human emotions and expressions.
To say that art is personal is an understatement. I find myself revealing my own emotions through the colours, textures and movements within my pieces. I am completely intrigued when viewers of my art find themselves experiencing their own set of emotions. As such, I relish the fact that everyone sees art in their own way and that is why I strive to create custom pieces for individuals using colors that move them.
I believe that to become a great artist one must not remain static. I never want my style to be defined by one palette or artistic feature. I constantly try new techniques, colours and materials as I explore and grow in my creative process.
- JANN Season 2, CTV comedy (Carolyn Jerrard art utilized in two episodes)
- Blog post: http://yycgirlgang.com/2016/05/30/meet-me-monday-cj-custom-art/
- Future solo exhibition, ‘Her Majesty’, to be determined
- Solo exhibition, ‘Wonderlands’, Greater Goods, Calgary, AB, December 2016 thru to January 2017
- Solo exhibition, ‘Wildflyer’, Loft 112, Calgary, AB, April 2018
- Blackstone Mountain Lodge
- Private collection, Calgary AB
- Private collection, Thunder Bay ON
- Private collection, Kitchener ON
- 2015, Guest lecturer, Red Deer Lake United Church
- 2017: St. Philips Catholic School: kindergarten paint project for art gala fundraiser
- 2013 – 15: Andrew’s Presbyterian Church Annual Bazaar: Art Room, curator and organizer
- 2015: Calgary Homeless Foundation, Claire Building: Paint night for children, organizer and instructor
- 2018-19: Fire Exit Theatre Fundraiser
- 2019: Everett Pottinger Foundation
- 2017: One Body Village Charity Gala
- 2016: Not4Sale Charity Gala
- 2016: Hayati Children’s Foundation
- 2015: Haysboro Community Fundraiser
- 2013-15: St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church Annual Bazaar